Enjoy magical summer evenings at your zoo!
There just aren’t enough options for families to dine al fresco and enjoy the balmy evenings, so Sunset at the Zoo is a great destination. The kids can expend some energy, and you all can eat and enjoy some live entertainment while exploring the zoo. Many animals aremore active at dusk! The train will be running, too – taking a lovely loop through Washington Park.
Evening schedule for August 7, 2013
- 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. – Glow in the dark temporary tattoos – a fundraiser for your local chapter of the American Association of Zoo Keepers, funding conservation and animal enrichment projects.
- 5 p.m. to 8:30 p.m – Animal talks and crepuscular creatures activities
- 5 p.m. to 8:30 p.m – Dragon Theater in Classroom area
- 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. – Live music: Pete Krebs Duo
- 5:30 p.m. – Wild Life Live!
- 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. – Hooping with the Mayor of Hooperville
- 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. – Glow in the dark dragonfly craft at Tiger Plaza
- 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. – Radio Disney/Toyota at Tiger Plaza
- 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. – Live music: Olivia & Rene
- 6:15 p.m. to 6:45 p.m. – Banfield Pet Hospital’s “Howl and Meow” contest
- 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. – Live on the concert lawn: Gypsy Allstars, “From Bamboleo to Bollywood”
Click here for more information and the complete schedule. Free for members, regular admission price for non-members. Gates are open 5 p.m. to 8 p.m., grounds are open until 9:30 p.m.
Sunset at the Zoo is presented by Banfield Pet Hospital and is free with zoo admission. (Additional fee for train ride)
We are so excited to be giving away 4 tickets to Sunset at the Zoo on Wednesday August 7! Details to enter below.
Latest posts by PDX Kids Calendar (see all)
- GIVEAWAY – Family Four-Pack to Oregon Symphony’s “Tale as Old as Time: Disney in Concert” – October 22, 2014
- Oregon Children’s Theatre presents Ivy + Bean: The Musical – October 17, 2014
- Tears of Joy Theatre presents Alice in Wonderland and Puppetz Vs. People – October 16, 2014