The Oregon Symphony is giving away four tickets to Superheroes at the Symphony!
A family of four will enjoy Superheroes at the Symphony in style from the Lower Mezzanine of the Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall on Sunday, October 6 at 2pm. This contest is exclusively for PDX Kids Calendar readers.
The Oregon Symphony Kids Concerts are about an hour long, designed specifically for listeners 5 to 10 years young. There’s no better way to introduce your little ones to the thrills of live orchestral music! Concerts are both educational and entertaining – an experience the whole family can enjoy.
Wondering what to expect at an Oregon Symphony Kids Concert? Here are a few fun facts:
- Each concert starts at 2 pm, and runs a kid-friendly one hour.
- It’s ok to move around in your seat, laugh and clap.
- Limited booster seats are available – visit the Cloak Room upon arrival to reserve yours!
- Our favorite actress/singer Pam Mahon returns to narrate! Pam has performed in the Oregon Symphony Kids Concerts as a variety of characters, including a musical detective, an explorer, Mrs. Claus and a clown.
- David Hattner, music director of the Portland Youth Philharmonic, returns to conduct each concert.
- Families are encouraged to arrive a few minutes early, to enjoy their own self-guided tour of the Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall – the extravagant chandeliers, staircases, marble statues and views from the balcony are always a delight.
- The Pacific Youth Choir joins the orchestra, adding their own touch of musical merriment. With more than 250 students representing over 60 Portland metro area schools, the PYC is widely acclaimed as one of the finest choral programs on the West Coast.
- Superheroes at the Symphony will feature Dance West – a nationally recognized dance academy composed of dancers ages 13-19. The audience always lights up when Dance West takes the stage!
- The kids concert program books include a brief description of the orchestra and their location on stage – the perfect learning tool to introduce your children to the wonderful world of music.
Latest posts by PDX Kids Calendar (see all)
- Vote for Your Family’s Favorites! – July 30, 2014
- GIVEAWAY – 10 Four-Pack Tickets to Sunset at the Zoo! – July 30, 2014
- Farm-Fresh Family Cooking Camp at Sauvie Island Center – July 30, 2014